Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I make the NOTES area show more then 7 rows per entry on this screen?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Can I make the NOTES area show more then 7 rows per entry on this screen?

[ Edited ]

We are still using ACT 6.x because of the Notes.  Do you know if the newest Act versions of Act can now make the NOTES area show more then 7 rows per entry on this screen?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

There has been no change to the Notes and History details display, you need to open them for editing to display the full text. this falls into the "be careful what you ask for" department. Because of many requests for the ability to change fonts, underscore and bold in notes and history details, starting at ACT! 2006 (V8) the notes and history details were changed from plain text to rich text format (RTF). I assume that because of either program or display overhead, the tab display was limited to a few lines.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy for the confirmation. Appreciate your comments.

IMHO, and that of quite a few other folks, eliminating the valuable notes functionality was certainly not right way to offer RTF. What a crappy trade-off that turned out to be. BTW, not that it matters, I personally never asked for fancy notes editing, plain text was always just fine.

I honestly can't imagine that there are any other CRM programs out there, aside from the newer Act versions, not allowing for good customer relations notes, writing and reviewing. Act 6 had good notes functionality. Newer versions do not.

It is what it is. We' have no option but to stick to Act 6.x

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Why are you using Notes and not History?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi David, We use Notes because the Notes in Act version 6.x work just perfectly fine for our needs. The most important notes need we value: When a customer's phone call comes in, we can within 5 seconds have a nice notes summery on our PC Screen showing the notes of the last few correspondences depending on the PC screen.

Notes are perfect because of their simplicity.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Its been a few years but here are my updated thoughts.

Since release of V18 or older the History List Table allows you to find any string of text in Notes, History ect. records.  Even if not plain text format, so I'm now good.

Still true left pane Notes Regarding  and History Regarding & Detail Tabs shows only 7 rows set in Options order.

To see the whole Note you need to set in Options checking Show Preview (in the right pane).  I don't think the navigation to view a note(s) details is much different between V6 and V19.  Because in V19 you can use the down arrow key scrolling down the left pane of Notes and see it all in Preview right pane.

JM