Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I change permissions so users cannot change field data but can still enter notes?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I change permissions so users cannot change field data but can still enter notes?

Is it possible to setup permissions so that users cannot change field data (ie: Company address/name, customized fields, etc) but can still enter notes? We have all of our data for customers setup but need to prohibit all but 2 people from entering/changing data in fields, but want them to still be able to enter notes. 

If possible, there are some fields we need them to be able to edit. Is it possible to allow permissions on some or is it all or nothing? 

I didn't see any security settings in Define Fields section. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author brienne
‎09-01-2016 08:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Can I change permissions so users cannot change field data but can still enter notes?

Hi brienne,

This is possible using the Field Security features of Act. The following Knowledgebase article explains how to use this feature: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19185

Note: Some of the functionality of this feature is limited in Act! Pro, but is fully available in Act! Premium.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author brienne
‎09-01-2016 08:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Can I change permissions so users cannot change field data but can still enter notes?

Hi brienne,

This is possible using the Field Security features of Act. The following Knowledgebase article explains how to use this feature: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19185

Note: Some of the functionality of this feature is limited in Act! Pro, but is fully available in Act! Premium.
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much Gary!