Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I change act 2013 internet sync to use a port other than 80

Tuned Listener

Can I change act 2013 internet sync to use a port other than 80

I have act on a server other than our main server. I just upgraded the main server to 2012 essentials. I would like to take advantage of remote services on the 2012 server. It wants a port 80 redirect to it.

Act server also needs port 80 for users to do a remote sync!

Is there anyway possible , even if it means upgrading to a newer version of act to somehow change that port 80 requirement?

Did a search before posting on this port 80 issue and haven't found anyone who has been able to get around this. Thanks.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Can I change act 2013 internet sync to use a port other than 80

Yes, you can use a different port for web access and synchronization service by internet.

This is by the Internet Information Services.

the following is just an idea

NOTE:  Do not forget to daily backup of your database and keep in a safe place your passwords

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Best regards and good luck...

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Tuned Listener

thanks for the quick reply. I will give this a shot, changing the act internet sync to something other than 80.

Do you know if I would need to create new remote databases, or will the new port be listening for any activity. I am not sure how the remote database knows where to send...
Nickel Super Contributor

You do not need to create other remote databases

7.png

8.png

9.png

if you need to leave spaces, allow Internet Explorer interprets these spaces. Example:

http://194.58.56.369:1350/Act%20Internet%20Sync      (http://194.58.56.369:1350/Act Internet Sync)  spaces between Act and Internet  and  Sync

after making the change try again the  synchronization

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Tuned Listener

juan. thanks for this. however, when i get to the screen for 'select synch task' the manage connection information link you show above is not a link for me, there is nothing i can click on?