Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT sync without being open?

Can ACT sync without being open?

Can ACT 2008 Premium sync without being open? If possible, please give directions on how to do so. Thank you.

Brandon

Tuned Listener

Re: Can ACT sync without being open?

Brandon,

yes this is possible, click on the link below it will take you to the online KB on how to set this up.

http://tinyurl.com/6cdowd

Thank you for the reply. However, this is not what I am referring to. The server is already configured to accept syncs using ACT! Network Synchronization Service.

I would like to know if my users can sync with the main database without having to have ACT open at x:xx time everyday. Currently, they need to have ACT open at the daily sync time in order for it to sync for the day. I want the databases to sync regardless of if the user has ACT open or not. Is this possible? Thank you.

Brandon

Platinum Elite Contributor

You only need ACT! open if using Application sync (the only option with ACT! standard)... Network sync (only in Premium) does not require ACT! to be open or even for the system to be logged into Windows

So, how do I configure Network Sync on my users so that it automatically syncs with the main database regardless of if they have ACT open or even signed on to Windows? Thank you.

Brandon

So, if i install ACT Network Sync services on my user's computer and add their local database, it will automatically sync their database with the main database? To me this seems like it will only accept incoming syncs. Not outgoing.

Brandon

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Brandon

When you are running Network sync, you should not have Application sync enabled in the same Port 65100. When you are configuring 65200 or any other port number on Network sync make sure that the same port no is configured in the client as well...

In the client check this under Tools--> Synchronization Panel --> Manage connection information.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Uniquestart Technologies.

uniquestart2008@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards
Uniquestart Technologies