Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT! display in my calendar, text from the Regarding Field?

Silver Contributor

Re: Can ACT! display in my calendar, text from the Regarding Field?

Just a sorry for calling Gilles, Gavin. Was multi tasking and should know better than to try this according to my wife.

Nickel Contributor

Not sure if you received my response but here it is:

Unfortunately we don't have any product that modifies the calendar. Please note that the calendar already displays the regarding field. It is just that the height of the rectangle of each activity is conditioned by the duration of the activity. One solution to your problem therefore might be to change the calendar increments under Options>Preferences>Calendar & Activities>Calendar Preferences. If you change it to 10 minutes for instance, the rectangle might be high enough to see what you're trying to see. This would work for the weekly and daily calendars only. Just a thought…

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking
Astute Commentator

I didn't see an incoming email from you Gilles, so I'm grateful that you posted your response on this forum.  Thank you!

I'm surprised that this hasn't come up with other users who depend on their calendars.  I may be calling somebody that I'll only contact once. I want the reminder on my calendar, but I don't to always take the time to set the person/entity up as a contact.

I'm going to play around with the calendar settings as you suggested and hopefully, I can come up with a work-around.