Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT! display in my calendar, text from the Regarding Field?

Astute Commentator

Can ACT! display in my calendar, text from the Regarding Field?

I use Act! Premium Version 18.0.501.0.

Suppose I schedule a meeting.  The name of the Contact that my meeting is with will be displayed on my calendar.  Is there a way to display in my calendar, the text that  input into the "Regarding" field?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Can ACT! display in my calendar, text from the Regarding Field?

If you hover the mouse over any activity in calendar view it will display the Regarding text. As the text can be very long ACT does not do this automatically.

You can see all the details in the Task List. There are also a couple of add-ons that might give you what you want.

Link to items in add-on store  http://www.actaddons.com/addons/categories/category-calendar-scheduling.asp

Astute Commentator

Thanks for your response, ch1p.  It certainly points me in a helpful direction.  I just perused the manufacturer's website and saw that the firm may have the solution I'm seeking.  I'm not sue however, if their solution will work on the latest version of ACT!, Version 18 which is what I have.  So I just sent a note to them to ask.

Your solution of hovering the mouse over the activity in the calendar was very helpful and I thank you.  

Bronze Elite Contributor

Most of the add-ons are now V18 compatible and many will let you download and use for a trial period free of charge to see if it is what you are looking for.

Astute Commentator

That's good to know ch1p, because the vendor that I posed the question to never responded to my query. 

I can be open about trying its product before I buy it, but I have to ask myself if I'm comfortable paying a firm any money when it won't bother answering a legitimate pre-sales question.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Who was the vendor? work with a number of them so might put a gentle rocket up non-respondent.

Astute Commentator

The company is Exponenciel.

The product name is Advanced Activity Window

Nickel Contributor

Hi Julian,

I don't seem to be able to find any recent request for information coming from anyone named "Julian" about this product… I am sorry if we overlooked any email.
You can contact me at http://www.exponenciel.com/customerservice.aspx with any question regarding the product.
Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Bronze Elite Contributor

As I expected Gavin has responded above and I can confirm that with all my dealings with Exponenciel Gavin has always given good support so I hope this helps you move forward with your trial.

Astute Commentator

Thank you, ch1p. I wrote t Gilles Cavin yesterday. I will post his reply for the benefit of our fellow forum members when I hear back from him.