Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Call rejected error

Copper Contributor
Posts: 53
Country: United States

Call rejected error

"Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)"

 

Occurs:

 

1) User opens Act

2) User generates opportunity

3) User prints opportunity (as PDF - with no issues)

4) User generates different opportunity

5) User tries to print again

 

Currently have to shut down Act and reopen. Don't know how a "detect & repair" would solve an issue that only happens AFTER a first print job is successful.

 

Not very fun when you customize the content within the opporunity with information that can't be automatically included.

Nickel Elite Contributor
Posts: 567
Country: USA

Re: Call rejected error

Hello mprange,

 

Some questions.

 

1) What version of ACT! (Help|About) ?

2) What operating system and service pack level?

3) What software are you using that generates the PDF file?

 

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor
Posts: 53
Country: United States

Re: Call rejected error

1) Act 11 Premium (11.1.183.0)

2) XP Pro SP3

3) Adobe Acobat 9 Professional

 

 

This was also a problem we encountered when using Act 8 before we upgraded.

Nickel Elite Contributor
Posts: 567
Country: USA

Re: Call rejected error

mprange,

 

I have set up an environment as you have described but am unable to replicate your issue.  Are there any additional steps or items you think may be related that produce this error?

 

Is your machine up to date with both Microsoft critical and recommended updates as well as any / all updates from Adobe?

 

Does this issue only happen when Acrobat is the default printer?  Does this happen with a real printer as well?

 

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor
Posts: 66
Country: USA

Re: Call rejected error

We had a problem like this and it turned out to be Excel locking up when the quote was generated. Try to kill excel from the Task manager and regenerate the quote next time this happens, that's probably what it is.

 

We actually had this happening on multiple machines so until I could go around and reinstall office on them, I created a batch script (below) that killed excel for the user so they wouldn't have to deal with the task manager.

 

@echo off

taskkill /im EXCEL.EXE /f

exit

 

If it turns out to be the problem the only way I found to fix it is a complete uninstall and reinstall of Office.