Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Call a contact from ACT! With Cisco, Magic Jack or Skype

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Call a contact from ACT! With Cisco, Magic Jack or Skype

Question, can I call from ACT! a contact using a telephone Cisco Sistems Central?

If someone has used a Magic Jack OR  Skype  to call contacts in ACT! I would be very grateful share the experience.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author new2011
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Call a contact from ACT! With Cisco, Magic Jack or Skype

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author new2011
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

You're the man - nothing more to say

Thanks, if you know something about Cisco I am grateful.

Copper Contributor

Greetings, I have a question, Could you see the picture of Link? is that I would use this addon but my software to make phone calls is X-Lite and my service is Vocalocity, but not as it should be set to call from ACT!.

How I do that?

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/toask.jpg/

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

http://www.calloncrm.com/ has the best SKYPE integration with ACT!.

If your VOIP phone system uses Broadsoft as the backend, you can also use Call On CRM.  We have been using it for years and we absolutely love it.

If you have a TAPI system, then you can check out the link our friend from downunder posted.

As for your Cisco question, it isn't what phones you are using, it's the backend or the technology that determines what road to take for your integration.

Hope that helps.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Copper Contributor

ok, I will try, Thanks

Smiley Wink

Nickel Elite Contributor

Do you happen to be using Cisco Unified Personal Communicator - i.e. the Cisco VOIP solution?

If so you can use the click to dial feature of the personal communicator inside of ACT! - it takes a couple of steps and a download from the devnet boards, but it's pretty easy.

pr

Hi Allen,

We have a Cisco Call Manager Express using Cisco Unified Call  Connector Personal Client. I was wondering if you could provide instructions or links you discussed for integration with CUPC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Philip

Copper Contributor

*tagged thread*

ACT 2010 Core Certified
Nickel Elite Contributor

I used the contact context browser control (in the devnet download forums) and place that control onto my Contact detail layout.  Then I configure the control thusly:

html file file location /dialme.htm?numb={Contact.Phone}

Attached are two HTML files I created which take the phone number passed to this page (via the above control) and dial the number in the Cisco Personal communicator.  If the personal communicator is set to "Use my desk phone for audio" it will automatically dial it via the phone, otherwise it dials the number via the personal communicator application.

A couple of notes - these html files can be placed locally to the ACT! install, or they can be placed on a central web server.  If you deploy these to a central web server then you may need to set up Internet Explorer's security to trust that server URL as this attempts to make a local COM call via this html page.

Download for browser control for ACT!: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-Downloads/Contact-Web-Context-Browser/td-p/314

I make the background of the html pages the same as my layout background so they blend in, but you can change the background of the html files to fit your needs. 

I setup to pass the phone number field from ACT!, and the html page has logic so that if the field is blank it shows the nodial.htm (nothing on that page), rather than show the button.  You can change to a different field, or take a different action on no phone number.

Let me know what you think.