Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar/reminder sync issues

Calendar/reminder sync issues

My boss syncs Outlook with ACT regularly throughout the day (scheduled for every 10 minutes or so). He has been having some problems with ACT not saving reminders attached to a particular client, though he can see that the reminder synced on his calendar in Outlook.

While this hasn't been a consistent problem, the last known instance occurred yesterday. He went to update a reminder he had set for a client taking place in September, but there was no such reminder stored for that client (but showed in his Outlook calendar).

Is there something we can do to avoid having this hiccup happen?

Re: Calendar/reminder sync issues

If anyone anywhere has some kind of suggestion, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Is what you're saying that an activity created in Outlook doesn't go to ACT!? Or the activity was created in ACT!?
Is it only a particular contact or can be any?

What EXACT build of ACT! from Help | About?

It's reminders/activities created in ACT. My boss has it set to sync up with Outlook every ten minutes. He said he went back in to change the date of the activity he had assigned to a particular Contact but that it had "disappeared," though he could see it had synced up with his calendar in Outlook. He said it can happen randomly to any one particular Contact.

I have also seen activities randomly disappearing with the sync ... is there a reason he needs them in Outlook and syncs so often?

I think he does it because he's making lots of sales calls throughout the day and setting up follow-ups and wants to be sure that everything is up-to-date. Is syncing the problem?

I'll have to ask him. Having Outlook sync up was one of the key reasons we went with ACT, however.

Hi,

I checked with my boss about the Outlook/ACT syncing thing.

His first questions are, since you acknowledged that you have noticed that this can be a problem, is this a known problem with the software? If so, is there a patch being worked on to fix it? If there is not a patch to fix the bug, is there a workaround?

Secondly, he said that he syncs with Outlook because he has activities in Outlook that he keeps separate from ACT. Outlook serves as the master list/tool for coordinating a lot of events and tasks going on. He likes using ACT quite a bit but has been getting quite frustrated when it has chosen to delete a reminder for a particular Contact.

We're in the process of establishing a sales organization within our firm and we want everybody to be able to use ACT seamlessly. So it's vital at this point for us to know that it's consistently reliable without forcing us to research another database tool.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Zoe