Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar issues in ACT Premium 2007 (9.0)

Calendar issues in ACT Premium 2007 (9.0)

I have a recurring issue with my calendar banners overlapping.  I cannot reproduce the event through any known sequence of keystrokes or actions.  It seems to simply happen randomly, but fairly often.  Is this a known issue?  Is there any way to fix it?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also calendar related -- is there any way to have control over what text is actually shown in the banner?  I keep trying various things, but it just seems as though the program decides for itself what to put there.  I syncronize with four other people and we need to keep our meetings and events separate from one another and it would be nice to be able to control what the banner says.

One other issue (for now) is that I cannot figure out how or when the program decides to allow me to edit a meeting (or other event) and when it does not.  For example, I, as the administrator, will schedule a meeting "for" myself, "by" myself, and "with" myself and another user.  All is fine until that event is actually showing on the calendar.  Then, if I want to edit it, it won't let me.  It gives me an "invitation" window where I can select "Accept," "Decline," or "Tentative," but with no ability to edit.  I have discovered that if I display ONLY my own calendar information, then I can edit it, but then when I bring back all the users to show, it displays the event with one of the other users' names in the banner as though that other person had scheduled it.

Any comments/suggestions/solutions?  Thanks in advance.

Mark
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Calendar issues in ACT Premium 2007 (9.0)

I have a recurring issue with my calendar banners overlapping.  I cannot reproduce the event through any known sequence of keystrokes or actions.  It seems to simply happen randomly, but fairly often.

What do you mean by "banners overlapping"... if you have 2 banners over the same day, they would appear under each other

Also calendar related -- is there any way to have control over what text is actually shown in the banner?  I keep trying various things, but it just seems as though the program decides for itself what to put there. 

You can set contact name or company name first in the preferences.

I syncronize with four other people and we need to keep our meetings and events separate from one another and it would be nice to be able to control what the banner says.

You can use the Filter button to choose which user you're displaying or use the colour selector to to highligh an item

One other issue (for now) is that I cannot figure out how or when the program decides to allow me to edit a meeting (or other event) and when it does not.  For example, I, as the administrator, will schedule a meeting "for" myself, "by" myself, and "with" myself and another user.  All is fine until that event is actually showing on the calendar.  Then, if I want to edit it, it won't let me.  It gives me an "invitation" window where I can select "Accept," "Decline," or "Tentative," but with no ability to edit.  I have discovered that if I display ONLY my own calendar information, then I can edit it, but then when I bring back all the users to show, it displays the event with one of the other users' names in the banner as though that other person had scheduled it.

I've had issues with this also... and don't have the time to test it and remind myself of the correct response. So will leave for someone else to comment :-)
Tuned Listener

Mark,
Also calendar related -- is there any way to have control over what text is actually shown in the banner?

We have developed an add-on to ACT! Named Calendar View Plus (CVP)  that enhances many calendar functions. One of them is the ability to display any activity or contact field like Zip Code, Id/Status or any custom field. Check out our add-on at: http://www.durkincomputing.com/CalendarViewPlus.aspx

CVP also has a option to use ACT's native 'Invitation feature'.  This option in CVP is off by default and allows the users to edit any activity when  the invitation has not been accepted and/or when displaying multiple users on the calendar.

BTW we also also you to display more then 10 users at a time.

thanks
-- jim durkin

jim durkin
www.durkincomputing.com
Copper Contributor

sounds like he allows time conflicts with his scheduling; hence the banner overlapping. 
V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.
Package Design or Standard offerings we have it all. New car scent will cost extra.