Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar duplicates

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Calendar duplicates

Act version - 20.1 - update 7

Outlook - 2016 client

I have a user that syncs the Act calendar with Outlook and for some reason he is getting 100's of duplicates.  Starting September 2019 every single one of his activities are duplicated when each sync is done.  Any idea what could be causing this?

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Calendar duplicates

If you wish, and if you have an active support plan with Swiftpage, you can request remote support so that they can eliminate duplicate records in activities and contacts

Support Email: support@act.com
Sales and Support phone: 866-873-2006
Support operation hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 8:30pm (Miami Time)

To one of my customers in Chile, this happened to Them ... after synchronizing the calendar and contacts with Outlook ... they synchronized with another device or service - When the Calendar and Contacts are synchronized between Act! and Outlook ... this process uses an identifier field that does not allow it to be duplicated, only updated based on synchronization preferences

In my personal concept, I do not suggest this synchronization, I prefer that users have a remote database if they need to have on hand the contact information and calendar.

Another alternative is to have  own Act! Premium WEB server or to place the database in Act! Premium Cloud for users to have contact information and calendar on their mobile devices.

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security
in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

There was a known issue in some versions of Act! v20 that caused duplication of annual events (Commonly Birthdays). We corrected this in Act! v20.1 update 7. If you are already running on v20.1 Update 7, please contact support at your earliest convenience and we'll take a look.

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

You should also confirm that the customer is NOT synchronizing with ANY other program such as Google or using CompanionLink COMBINED with the Act! Outlook integration.

Scott Abboud

Allied Financial Software, Inc.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I have attached a quick video clip to give you a better understanding.

This is happening to multiple users that have a fresh copy of Act installed.  Act is the only item that syncs with the Outlook calendar.  I'm doing some more troubleshooting for now, I will post my findings