Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar display is messed up

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Calendar display is messed up

Greig,

What is causing this problem?  I have a customer with same problem and I have not been able to resolve yet.

I am not sure I read your instructions correctly below and the initial poster did not post what the solution was.

One more time, could you please confirm correct procedure. Step-by-Step .

Was that correct about deleting ALL ACT For Windows folders? Thanks FSB..

Bill Williams - Owner / ACT! Consultant / Trainer at FILL STAFF HR "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://www.fillstaffhr.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
Backup your ACT! Databases DAILY using ACT! / File/ Backup/ Backup Database.(Include Attachments).
Also - FREE - BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors http://www.fillstaffhr.com/bigaldl01.html
Also - FREE - BullZip PDF Printer - Print directly to PDF http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
Platinum Elite Contributor

The mini-calendar issue is primarily caused by damaged preferences. This can be caused by the DPI setting being higher than 96. This is detailed in KB article 21042. If the solution offered in that KB does not work, then the method I gave is too delete all preferences. This done by deleting the entire preferences directory.

1) Close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel) 

2) Browse to one of the following directories:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\ACT

Windows Vista - C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ACT

3)You will see at least on Act for Windows(version#) folder in there, possibly more if you upgraded from an earlier version

4) Delete these folders

5) Reopen ACT!

After you re-open ACT! and go through the Setup Wizard, if you browse back to those directories, a new Act for Windows folder for your version will have been created.

As I told "susan k", I think they may have gone to My Documents and deleted the wrong Act for Windows folder. Although, if the database was attached to SQL, they should not have been able to delete the .ADF or .ALF files.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

susan k,

What is the status of your database? Have you been able to recover it?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I started having this problem early today.  Have tried the description here, but after deleting preferences in actdiag, my database launches with no hitch.  Of course now it has no preferences, and no calendars.  When selecting the generic calendar button it will load the individual view buttons in the tool bar at the top, but if I select any one of them, I get a dialogue box that says, "ACT! has encountered an error, please shut down this application" and immediately the dreaded "loading" box appears with the serial lights on it.  I have not lost any data, just functionality. 

I reviewed the manual deletion instructions, but have no application data folder to find an act folder within.  Of course at this point, I can't say that deleting the preferences is my problem.  

Any ideas?