Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar display is messed up

Calendar display is messed up

Hi, one of our Act 2008 users has got a problem with their calendar which you can see in the following image.

http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actyo7.png

Obviously the dates wrong and we can't make it go back, only forward. Details for the selected date do not display. Switching between Today, Daily, Work Week, Weekly and Monthly all show the same thing.

We've tried reinstalling a couple times but it never fixes the problem.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Re: Calendar display is messed up

Follow the KB article below.

Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars

Tuned Listener

I followed the KB article shown below and it didn't work.  Any other suggestions?  I even uninstalled/re-installed with the same outcome.  His calendar shows one strip across the top like the mini calendar and then you have the user's below............  We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0.  (I did reset his display settings as well)

Thanks!

Cheryl Hubbell

Cheryl,

When you deleted the preferences, did the Getting Start Wizard appear when reopening ACT!?  If it did, follow the steps below to manually delete preferences.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Go to Start and select Run
  3. Type in %appdata% and click Ok. 
  4. Once the folder comes up, navigate down to the following folder \ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: \Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  5. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  6. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old

Tuned Listener

All set - I found another thread regarding this issue and I was able to correct it.  Thanks for the help!
GG

Help!  I have this issue - the only calenda view I can see is the mini calendars acrosss the whole top.  Day, week, month views - not accessible.  I tried the posted article but it doesnt have the same menu in the diagnostics program and I am pretty sure I am not deleting the preferences file they recommend deleting - am working in 09 ACT! version.  Is the diagnostic file rearranged in 09?  I have removed and reinstalle dto no avail, and reset the DPI size to the recommended normal....at a loss, eager for some expertise in this dilema!  Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

If the information in the KB article (21042) did not fix, then you may need to delete your entire Preferences folder. Browse the directory C:\Documents & Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\ACT! and delete all Act for Windows (version#) folders you see in there (there may be more than one). Close ACT! and all MS Office applications before doing this. After you delete the folder(s), then reboot your machine and see if the mini-calendars have disappeared.

Note that this process will reset your ACT! preferences back to program defaults. You will need to setup your preferences again by going to  Tools/Preferences.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

where did you find the fix?

Greg -  I deleted the Act for Windows 9 file as you suggested below and bnlew away an entire database my wife has been working on for three days .... then i started to crearte a new one and noticed the caldnar is still all mini calndars across the top .... sorry man but this is a disaster - what do I do now?

Platinum Elite Contributor

It sounds like you may have gone to the wrong directory. Were you able to restore the database you deleted from your Recycle Bin?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.