Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Display Malfunction

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Calendar Display Malfunction

Hoping someone has some insight to this issue:  It is recurring where the calendar feature on my laptop (remote database) install of Act fails to work, while apparently all other features (contacts, tasks, opportunities, etc.) work fine. The pattern I have noticed is it always occurs on a weekend, usually the last weekend of the calendar month. However, by Monday morning it clears up by itself without any intervention from me. This is frustrating, because I use the ACT calendar feature daily, including on weekends. I can still access it via the web portal, but having it on my laptop is important.

Attached are some screen shots of the issue.  Notice the blank calendar views (the opening screen after clearing the error is the Daily calendar view) and the partially shown screens with no data.  If I go back a month or a week, then calendar data starts to appear, but in the same limited window

I am using ACT Premium (hosted online by ACT);  with version 21.0.295.0 Update 7; I always update when the program prompts me.  This is running on a Lenovo X1-Yoga laptop with Windows 10 Pro.  I also have another laptop running another remote copy of the same database on an older Lenovo Thinkpad T520 also running Windows 10 Pro.  The same phenomenon happens and resolves on both computers at the same time.  This tells me the issue is caused somehow back on Swiftpage's servers.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Calendar Display Malfunction

...also, all other screens in ACT seem to work fine, and rebooting the computer has no effect.  Both computers have plenty of  RAM and storage space.

@piedpiper11 wrote:

Hoping someone has some insight to this issue:  It is recurring where the calendar feature on my laptop (remote database) install of Act fails to work, while apparently all other features (contacts, tasks, opportunities, etc.) work fine. The pattern I have noticed is it always occurs on a weekend, usually the last weekend of the calendar month. However, by Monday morning it clears up by itself without any intervention from me. This is frustrating, because I use the ACT calendar feature daily, including on weekends. I can still access it via the web portal, but having it on my laptop is important.

Attached are some screen shots of the issue.  Notice the blank calendar views (the opening screen after clearing the error is the Daily calendar view) and the partially shown screens with no data.  If I go back a month or a week, then calendar data starts to appear, but in the same limited window

I am using ACT Premium (hosted online by ACT);  with version 21.0.295.0 Update 7; I always update when the program prompts me.  This is running on a Lenovo X1-Yoga laptop with Windows 10 Pro.  I also have another laptop running another remote copy of the same database on an older Lenovo Thinkpad T520 also running Windows 10 Pro.  The same phenomenon happens and resolves on both computers at the same time.  This tells me the issue is caused somehow back on Swiftpage's servers.