Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calculate Field Isn't calculating on all contacts

Copper Contributor

Calculate Field Isn't calculating on all contacts

Just got the New Act V16.  First thing we did was setup an age calculation field based on the birthdate.  Out of about 12,000 contacts it calculated about 900 but not the rest.  We can't figure out what the trigger is or if there is a tool to force act to recalculate all the ages.  It appears random as to which contacts got their age calculated.  Any ideas?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Calculate Field Isn't calculating on all contacts

I suspect that you have an invalid value in the Birth Date field for one of the contacts in the database and that it calculates up to that point and then fails.  That is just speculation on my part but I would try going to the list view and adding the Birth Date column and then sorting on it and see if anything shows up that looks suspicious.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Re: Calculate Field Isn't calculating on all contacts

ACT! phone support said that same thing; but we think we have ruled that out.

We have 9 name / birthdate rows for each contact.  We realized that we have never actually had a name and birthdate on the 9th row.  However, when filling in some dummy birthdate on the 9th row (which also has a 9th age calculation field) it did not update.  

Further, we did look at the data and don't find anything unussual.  Its a date field, so ACT won't even let us put anything except a date.