Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CSV Import Issues

Tuned Listener

CSV Import Issues

Hello,

Thanks to the answers you folks have been providing in my other post. Now another issue comes up. I have created a CSV of information, and upon import, some fields populate, while other fields don't. The CSV has info such as first_name, last_name, date_inquiry_submitted, high_school_city, high_school_graduation_date, etc. what would cause ACT to not populate some fields for some contacts, yet populate for some others? I had mapped the field properly, as evidenced by some complete, successfuly imported records. There are no commas either in the fields themselves (I even use a tab delimited file to alleviate that issue). What is ACT doing??? Please help.

Louis

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: CSV Import Issues

First, I would remove the underscores from the column names in the .csv file. Also, it helps to have the column names exactly match the corresponding field names in your ACT! database...this allows ACT! to automatically map them during the import. With the first name and last name fields, in particular, the column names must be exactly named "First Name" and "Last Name" in order to map correctly. The same is true with Middle Name.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I had this in previous versions of ACT.

After working with tech support -- they recommended placing a dummy value in the first column and not using it. Then reimport -- it worked for me back then.

Tuned Listener

Thanks guys for your replies. Even if i do map the fields properly by naming the columns identically, ACT still omitted some field data for some records. This is frustrating, especially if you have 100 records and 50 of the inexplicably do it. A bug in the program perhaps? I will try and implement a script that will check the csv and insert dummy records into a first column and not using it before importing into ACT and see how it goes.

Louis