Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BusinessMAP Licensing

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

BusinessMAP Licensing

We are getting ready to purchase ACT Premium2008 web edition, and the salesmen want to add on BusinessMAP.  Do I need a license per user or since it is an add on does it just go with the licenses you purchased of ACT?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author asbornemann
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: BusinessMAP Licensing

asbornemann wrote:

I'm not going to be using it...I'm just doing the install...I'm just not sure if I need to purchase a license for each user or not. The information they provided me is vague and I can not find specifics on line.

I looked on www.esri.com which is the company that makes the software. They're vague about it there too, but under the FAQ are the following:
BusinessMAP only runs under the user logged in during installation.
BusinessMAP is a single user licensed product. When installing to a computer with more than one user, log-in as the planed user of BusinessMAP. This user will need administrator rights at the time of installation, administrator rights are not necessary to use BusinessMAP once it is installed. The administrator cannot log-in and install BusinessMAP for all users at once.

Can I set up BusinessMAP to run on my server?

Yes, this can be done by the Administrator if more than one licensed copy has been purchased. Contact Technical Support at 972-231-9317 for instructions.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

asbornemann wrote:

We are getting ready to purchase ACT Premium2008 web edition, and the salesmen want to add on BusinessMAP.  Do I need a license per user or since it is an add on does it just go with the licenses you purchased of ACT?

That's great that the salesman wants to add on BusinessMAP, but do YOU want to?

I'm not going to be using it...I'm just doing the install...I'm just not sure if I need to purchase a license for each user or not.  The information they provided me is vague and I can not find specifics on line.

Solution
Accepted by topic author asbornemann
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

asbornemann wrote:

I'm not going to be using it...I'm just doing the install...I'm just not sure if I need to purchase a license for each user or not. The information they provided me is vague and I can not find specifics on line.

I looked on www.esri.com which is the company that makes the software. They're vague about it there too, but under the FAQ are the following:
BusinessMAP only runs under the user logged in during installation.
BusinessMAP is a single user licensed product. When installing to a computer with more than one user, log-in as the planed user of BusinessMAP. This user will need administrator rights at the time of installation, administrator rights are not necessary to use BusinessMAP once it is installed. The administrator cannot log-in and install BusinessMAP for all users at once.

Can I set up BusinessMAP to run on my server?

Yes, this can be done by the Administrator if more than one licensed copy has been purchased. Contact Technical Support at 972-231-9317 for instructions.