Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bug with Hand Held Contact sync to iPhone? 2 day shift in some activities occurring.

Bug with Hand Held Contact sync to iPhone? 2 day shift in some activities occurring.

I have loved HHC for the 2 weeks I have been using it.  Mike Lazarus was spot on with that recommendation.

However, I just noticed a problem and I don't know if this is an Act! Issue or HHC sync issue.  I have seen many of my activities for future dates shift back 2 days.  Has anyone experienced this before or can give any direction?  I think this occurred after my most recent sync with iPhone.

Thanks,
Dave

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Bug with Hand Held Contact sync to iPhone? 2 day shift in some activities occurring.

Never heard that happening with any user from HHC.

Did the activities shift in ACT! or only on the phone?

Re: Bug with Hand Held Contact sync to iPhone? 2 day shift in some activities occurring.

Hey Mike,

They shifted in BOTH the iPhone and Act!.

I have never seen anything like this before in 15 years of using Act! and using misc Palm sync methods, etc.  It is a very weird thing.  I can go months in advance in my Act! calendar and some activities are shifted backwards 2 days.  Not all activities, just a select few.  It could be some other period of time (other than 2 days) but the ones that I am certain of are a 2 day shift.  Very troubling.  I could not believe my eyes at first.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Your advice has been great in the past.

Dave

Not only have i not heard of this with HHC, I don't think I've seen it with ACT!

I have seen an issue with the Outlook/Google sync or with Connect, where it can move some activities forward one day every sync ... are you using any other sync?

Anything in common with the moved activities?

Mike,

I appreciate your reply.

I do not use any other sync except HHC.

I do not see anything in common with the items shifted.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  To do's, phone calls, some multi day reoccurring stuff...it does not seem to matter.  It all shifted over.  Hard to say but tens of items have shifted.

HHC Support is telling me I need to just manually move all the stuff back in Act where it belongs and re-do HHC and start fresh.  I don't have any better ideas.  I did a backup but but I have inputted a lot of stuff in Act since that backup and the least pain is probably just shifting things back and rolling on from there.

I will say that the version of Act I am running seems a little bit buggy even after reinstalling a couple months ago.  (Ver 11.1 HF 4).  Every time launch Act it I have to go to "Filter Calendar" and click on "Show Cleared" to uncheck that box because it defaults to show all my cleared items.  Also, the phone number...when entering, I always have to enter dashes.  I change the settings on this but to no avail.  Sometimes, the activities do not show up in a contact.  This was somewhat fixed by re-installing it and applying the HF4 but it still occurs occasionally.  If you have any input on these things, I am all ears.

I am beginning to think this latest incident was just a quirky thing and I need to write it off.

Thanks,

Dave

Like I said ... I've not heard of anything similar - with or without HHC

Did they all move at the same time?

Yes, it appears that they moved at the same time.

Dave

Be interesting if you can recall something that happened at the time ... but, I really don't know where to look. Less than 24 hrs, could be a time-zone change, no idea what could move them 2 days

I'd do as the HHC guys suggest, but also use the ACT! Scheduler to keep very regular backups and watch to see if it ever happens again

Act scheduler for regular backups?  How does that work?  I usually just put a thumb drive in at the close of each day and do a backup.