Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BufferedGraphicsContext

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: BufferedGraphicsContext

Was the method the consultant used to replicate it the same as you posted abover (just changing from list to calendar and back)?

Does it happen with any two views?

If only those, which list and which calendar?

Does it happen in the demo database?

Have you turned off Hardware Acceleration for the video board?

How many custom commands?

Have you tried creating one, see if it replicates, creating the next and so on?

The consultant was moving to all windows in ACT but the calendar and the opportunity list had the worst memory leaks.  After he generated the bufferedgraphicscontext error he did not exit ACT as I would have, but instead he continued to try to move within ACT getting ongoing error messages with each click.  That caused the connectbars file to revert to default.

You are correct to  mention the demo database.  However, it too had the same memory leaks.  And the hardware acceleration was turned off on my machine.  I have a graphics card by the way.  On the other two machines which have onboard graphics, the memory leaks continue even with the graphics acceleration turned off and DPI set to 96.

My workstation appears to be workable as far as memory leaks are concerned as long as I do not customize the menu.  I am awaiting a call from my computer consultant when he is set to install the graphics card and RAM for the other two workstations that continue to have memory leaks.

Mark

An ACT! Certified Consultant or a general IT person? If an ACC, who?

Have you also checked for any driver updated from the video board (or chip for the onboard) manufacturers?

My workstation should be current.  The two gateway machines I cannot say.  That would be worth checking into.

I had an issue with by graphic bd when a Microsoft Update reverted it to the MS version that was older and caused all sorts of issues till I replaced the driver again with the manufacturer's latest one.
Highlighted

I will check this.  Thanks!