Boolean expression for field is not empty

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Boolean expression for field is not empty

Could anyone please help me with an expression for 

field is not empty

or

has data 

so that I can fill a background to a field using ACT Presentation Dynamic Field Colour - ?

I want to put the expression in the field which I want to fill with a background and font colour.

Grateful thanks to anyone who can advise the correct syntax!

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Boolean expression for field is not empty

In my concept it is not possible, except with the use of an ADDON from a third party solution or migrate your Act! database to a CRM solution in which you can develop with code in STUDIO to be able to deliver this specific need

Best regards and any specialized CRM consultant can help you find a better solution

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I thank you very much for your reply.

But with the greatest respect. please will you answer queries when you have an actual relevant answer?   I'm a little concerned that this is the second time I have posted asking for a  boolean expression and both times you have answered, diverting other's attention from my request.

If you read my question again, you will see I have indeed referred to an add-on - ACT PRESENTATION's Dynamic Field Colours.

It IS possible to achieve what I want to achieve with a boolean expression - I just can't work out what the correct syntax is.

Many thanks again for your interest, but I beg you please don't answer this query if I put it up a third time.   Someone else may have the answer - and seeing my query answered by you may make them not bother to help.

thank you

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

First, thanks for the reference to ACTPresentation.com.  

While I did not download it, the explanations all seem to surrounding a color based on numbers and not text.  

I did notice there is a forum for this website, so you might want to post your question there.  

In the event you get an answer to your question there, could you post the response you received here.  I for one can see many fields that I would like to highlight if empty without putting a "Mandatory" rule on that field.

Good luck JaneKat

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

While I did not download it, the explanations all seem to surrounding a color based on numbers and not text.  

I don't think it is exclusively numbers.    

The following formula, in my field GENDER, makes the gender field turn either pink or blue.  

CASE ([RefField])
WHEN 'Female' THEN 'LavenderBlush'
WHEN 'Male' THEN 'AliceBlue'
ELSE 'WhiteSmoke'

I enter the text 'Male' or 'Female' in the Gender field itself.

What I want is a formula for another field, which I have set up as an ALERT, to remind me to mention something pertinent to the last conversaiton.  i.e. "Did you get the insurance for your stolen motorbike?" - "Did you get hte job?"

As the content in that field is vaiable, I simply want syntax which makes the background colour change IF the field has data.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

So as not to confuse, the formula reads, in my example

CASE ([GENDER])
WHEN 'Female' THEN 'LavenderBlush'
WHEN 'Male' THEN 'AliceBlue'
ELSE 'WhiteSmoke'