Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Block the create company options

Tuned Listener

Block the create company options

A company use SAP and want only one company list in both sides with same information, etc. After importing companies to ACT!, it will be one person who will manage that list and will create companies after sending a ticket). I want to block the "create new company" option for any user standard or manager role (except for admin). No space or budget to integrate both sides or batch synch, just cover the first step thinking on this block option with ACT! resources.

is it possible on ACT! 2012 and ACT! 2013 (Premium), PC and Web version to block the option to create company, either directly from the company layout or from the "create company from contact" option?

After breaking my head I was thinking, why don`t add to the company layout a "not blank" field with a default and unique data? (data will not be shared) so when someone try to create the company, it cannot be saved. I did not try yet and don't know if will work for the option "create company from contact" or on web version.

Any other idea on this?

Mauricio Dabdoub

ACC- CHILE

INDIGOTEC

Mauricio Dabdoub
INDIGOTEC Soluciones Integrales
CRM ACT! Reseller & Certified Consultant ACC/CRM
CRM & ERP Projects – Consulting – Mktg Strategy – IT Safety – Trainee&Coaching

Mobile Ph.: (569) 83616635
Office Ph.: (562) 494 5910
SKYPE ID: mdabdoub
SKYPE ID2: indigotec

E-mail: contacto@indigotec.cl
Web: http://www.indigotec.cl – www.archline.cl

We suggest Gmail, Skype and ACT! by Sage on www.act.com
INDIGOTEC: CRM ACT! consulting to improve Business
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Block the create company options

There isn't a built-in option for disabling the create Company process.
The idea of a 'non-blank' field may help keep users from creating Companies, but it won't prevent them from creating Companies. If you set up the field to 'non-blank' with a format, it will have to be placed on the layout to have any effect. When they try to save a new Company there will be a message and a red exclamation point next to the field. Any data they enter will be automatically formatted - there isn't a way to lock down the actual value entered.
Greg Martin
Sage