Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blank Space Added to Notes when Opening and Closing in v22 Update 4

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Blank Space Added to Notes when Opening and Closing in v22 Update 4

I attempted the v22 update back in November, 2019, and the problems I faced with the 'Regarding & Details' in Histories completely erasing themselves after you open and close them with the OK button was significant enough that I reverted back to v21, which was a nightmare, because I had already updated the server and it also had to be reverted back. But our company wanted to revisit the v22 update (now on Update 4) to see if it had been improved upon since we first tried it, and yes, the issue with the 'Regarding & Details' erasing has been fixed, but there's still an issue with dead space being added to things like the Notes whenever you open them and close them with OK, which I see other people have also been posting about. There's also a small, very minor, amount of space still being added to History records whenever you open them and close them with OK, but I found that pressing the Del key while in the Details section, just before I click OK to close the window, makes the tiny space go away. It's a very minor difference in spacing that I can easily disregard, but now the Notes section is plagued with this dead space syndrome, adding a complete line of nothing to the beginning of the entry. Dead space is frustrating, because I like my History information to be as compact as possible so I can see as much of it as I possibly can, but adding blank lines to records lessens the amount of information I can view at once. I'm sure this has something to do with the new editing features in the Details, but I figured I'd mention it, since it hasn't been corrected as of v22 Update 4.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Blank Space Added to Notes when Opening and Closing in v22 Update 4

I just tried adding a new Note in v22 and then closed it with OK, and it looks fine. Then I opened the Note back up again, added new text to it, and then closed it again with OK, and it still looks fine. Maybe the added blank line only occurs with Notes that were added prior to the v22 update. If so, this is an easy fix. We can simply close any Note with Cancel or the X in the upper right corner of the Edit Note window and no blank space will be added to the Note.

I've discussed this with my coworkers, and we've all decided to move forward with the v22 Update 4. Nothing else major seems to be an issue, and we want to take advantage of the new Growth Suite market automation, so we're all in. Thanks to the ACT! Team for their continued hard work.