Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blackberry...

Blackberry...

Anyone using ACT for the Blackberry?  Is it working well?  Is it worth $200 per year?

Re: Blackberry...

You have a couple options to sync ACT! to a Blackberry - Handheld Contact or CompanionLink.

Read over this thread here.  There are some success replies about Handheld Contact and CompaionLink.

Copper Contributor

I have several client that us HHC and are very happy with the product.  HHC offers wireless sync, Campionlink is a cradle sync. 
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant
Nickel Contributor

Kay is correct about CompionLink Express that it only supports a wired sync, but CompanionLink Professional does support wirless synching. It costs $100 up front, versus the $50 for CL Express, and then $10 a month for the wireless synch service after that.

It may seem like a lot, but compared to HHC, it is cheaper by half after the first year.

I've used CL Pro for the past year & half, and I've resold it many times, as well, and I've been quite pleased with it. Its not perfect, but it's a good product with free tech support.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

When I purchased ACT! a couple of weeks ago, the sales rep said that I would be able to sync my ACT with my blackberry. Now that I have installed ACT I see that it is not possible.  Is there any work around because this is why I bought ACT in the first place. Otherwise I would have stayed with Outlook, a much more limited contact manager. I really need some help here.

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

The sales person was right... only five years ago. Act 6 was the last version to natively support Blackberry synching.

Your problem has a $50 solution. The advantages of ACT! over Outlook far exceed this minor extra cost.

www.companionlink.com

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

I use the companionLink software and like it I am just having some troubles with syncing it up correctly.  I have ACT! for Financial Professionals and want my clients to stay on ACT! and my cell phone and my personal on just my cell phone.  I can't get this to happen.  I end up getting duplicate clients on my blackberry if I changed something on ACT.  So only the clients that you added to or had a meeting, their profile will show up on my blackberry, the old one and the new one.  It does not replace the old one, it adds a new one.  What am a doing wrong?  Thanks
Copper Contributor

You shouldn't be getting duplicates. 

Try calling CompanionLink tech support at 503-243-5200.  They'll get the situation resolved.  Also, for providing more context about your problem, you may want to point the CompanionLink technician on the phone to your blog posting here. 

Tuned Listener

I had the same problem Duplicates galore and a corrupted activities database.

I consequently tested the new version of 123 Synchronizer 2010, and it performed

far better. No dupes, no nothing.... I also found 123 sync to be far more full-featured.

You can find the software on the ACT! Addons Section.