Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blackberry Sync

Blackberry Sync

Hi,

I currently use Act, and use it mainly to organise the calendars of 2 of my colleagues. Currently I just use 1 calandar. I would like to organise it so that I have 3 calendars on my Act (1 for me, and 1 for each of my colleagues).

Then I would like my colleagues to be able to purely sync their calendars with my computer (not contacts)

Is it possible to do this?

Would it be possible for their calendars to be updated remotely when they are outside of the office?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Copper Contributor

Re: Blackberry Sync

Some clarification needed so I can help you:

1. what are you looking to sync from and to?

2. how many calendars are you looking to sync?

Hi,

I would like to create 2 different calendars on the Act I use from my laptop. Then I would like each of my colleagues to be able to sync to their calendar ie information sent from my Act calendar on my laptop to their Blackberry phones, can this be done?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

You could do this by purchasing 3 licenses of ACT! for your laptop (one for you and one for each of the Blackberry users).

Then, you can use Handled Contact on the laptop to sync remotely with each orf the devices.

Copper Contributor

CompanionLink can sync your ACT! and BlackBerry calendars in two different ways, depending on which is most convenient for you:

* Wired sync method: Setup three user profiles in CompanionLink Pro; one for yourself, and one for each of your colleagues. Each user's profile can then be configured so that it only syncs with his own ACT! calendar.

Once this is setup, whenever you or your colleagues connect a BlackBerry to your computer and start a synchronization, CompanionLink will automatically detect whose device is connected and sync it with the appropriate ACT! calendar.

Check out our product page for CompanionLink:
http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlink.html

* Wireless sync method: Use our DoubleLook Enterprise product. You would need to setup three wireless sync profiles in DoubleLook Enterprise; one for yourself, and one for each of your colleagues. As above, each user's profile can be configured so that it only syncs with his own ACT! calendar.

When configured for wireless sync, DoubleLook Enterprise will continually monitor ACT! and the BlackBerries (via the web) for changes.
This facilitates remote synching, since the BlackBerries will be able to sync with ACT! from anywhere that they have internet access.

Here is our product page for DoubleLook Enterprise:
http://www.companionlink.com/products/doublelook-enterprise.html

Ok thanks

Couple of questions, I just installed ACT Premium onto my laptop, does this automatically make my laptop a servder of some sort?

To link the blackberries, do they need to be on blackberry enterprise server?

Thanks

The answer the the first question is: sort of.

The SQL server is installed with ACT! (Premium or not)

No, it doesn't matter if you have a BES for any of the link methods... the BES would only change how the data gets to the Blackberry

Ok thanks.

I will install ACT on my colleagues computer today, once its installed on his computer is there something he needs to do to find my laptop over the wireless network?

Tks