Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Beyond Frustrated, Add-In For Outlook Only Works When Running As Admin and Missing Quick Connect Icons

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Beyond Frustrated, Add-In For Outlook Only Works When Running As Admin and Missing Quick Connect Icons

I'm beyond frustrated with Act v17.2 and running with Outlook 2016.  The add-in installed but it seems I can enable the add-in once I load Outlook, but when I close it down and reload Outlook, it disables the add-in again.  The only way to have the add-in enabled by default is to run outlook as admin which is silly since I am an administrator and I've disabled UAC.  

In addition, I used to have additional icons in the add-in toolbar like Quick Attach etc, those are all gone.  Only options I see are to sync Calendar and Contacts.  So frustrated!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JagStyles
‎12-14-2015 01:52 PM
Employee

Re: Beyond Frustrated, Add-In For Outlook Only Works When Running As Admin and Missing Quick Connect Icons

Hi,

if sync contacts and calendar icons are there and if other icons are missing that means address book is not configured properly.

Also if addins work fine when running as admin but you said you have logged in as admin and also disabled uac.

UAC is by default enabled in registry and hence disbaling it from control panel in win8, 8.1, 10 still wont work since uac is still enabled in registry and hence only we recommend running as admin.

Disabling UAC from registry is not recommended since it may cause boot issues.

Hence run the program as admin to reoslve the issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Re: Beyond Frustrated, Add-In For Outlook Only Works When Running As Admin and Missing Quick Connect Icons

Do you run Teamviewer? i've seen it turn off and disable the Outlook and ACT addin.  They don't like each other.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Contributor

That could be it. I'll check but for now my solution has been to run both MS Outlook and Act with "Run as Administrator" checked at all times. Using a CRM tool should not be this onerous.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JagStyles
‎12-14-2015 01:52 PM
Employee

Hi,

if sync contacts and calendar icons are there and if other icons are missing that means address book is not configured properly.

Also if addins work fine when running as admin but you said you have logged in as admin and also disabled uac.

UAC is by default enabled in registry and hence disbaling it from control panel in win8, 8.1, 10 still wont work since uac is still enabled in registry and hence only we recommend running as admin.

Disabling UAC from registry is not recommended since it may cause boot issues.

Hence run the program as admin to reoslve the issue.