Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Beta Testing

Copper Contributor

Beta Testing

I have been a beta tester for the last three years. Under the new ownership will I still have this opportunity? Lloyd Bedik Lloyd@Bedik.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Beta Testing

I've been wondering the same thing for myself ... having been an ACT! beta tester for 25 years :-)

In the past, the beta was made public around June and there was an announcement in the Community on how to apply for access.
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lloyd,
Stay tuned to this Community forum. Announcements for Beta testing participation will be posted here. When Sage owned ACT!, Beta testing usually began around mid-June. I have not heard this will be any different with the new owners (Swiftpage).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I hope we're able to retain our beta-tester status. It's been helpful and appreciated!

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010
Bronze Elite Contributor

We are taking a new approach to beta this year with a significantly smaller audience of active partners. There will be no public beta. 

I am greatful for your previous participation. I can't wait to showcase what we've accomplished. 

Copper Contributor

Oh wow... I hope that means that those of us that have tested for the last several years (I've got quite a few, but not 25 like Mike!) are not considered "public" as in "public beta".

Is that too much to hope for?

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010
Bronze Elite Contributor

That is the case. Previous years active beta participants will not be involved in this year's beta. 

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused and I appreciate the dedication that many have shown over the years. Maintaining a large public beta takes a lot of work and the value of feedback we have gotten in the past was not sufficient to justify the cost.

A very small portion of participants provided actionable feedback via the community while the majority provided feedback in ways that weren't detailed enough to act on or worse only did the minimum required to get a free license. 

Our focus this year is live attendance events with key partners with the drive to pull the feedback out with R&D representation and guided small group interactions. Quality of responses over quantity. 

I'm confident that this will provide us a better product.

Again I apologize for any inconvenience this change has made and I am greatful for your involvement in our community. 

Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thing is that they do not include installation and upgrade tests in Latin America (Servers - Operating Systems and Software in Spanish) - So how to know what is going to happen? (For example currency symbol in Latin American countries)  Should be able to preview the issue but without Public BETA TESTER will not be possible.