Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best way to set up multiple entries for search?

Best way to set up multiple entries for search?

Howdy-

I'm looking for any suggestions from all of you smart folks out there. We sell custom clothing to promoters of bicycle events. I keep a contact record of each promoter, but want to develop a smarter way of listing all of the events they may run. I 've been creating multiple fields (e.g. Event1, Event2, etc...) to list them individually. The problem comes when I have an event name, and want to find what promoter does it. Currently, I have to run a search by the event name in each of the "Event#" fields I've created, which is, I know, stupid. (Hey, we make bike clothes, work with me! Smiley Happy

Any suggestions?

Mike

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Best way to set up multiple entries for search?

Hi, Mike. A product for custom tables is your best bet - I use Topline Designer to develop those for my clients.

Thanks.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Copper Contributor

Re: Best way to set up multiple entries for search?

You could always create groups for each event and then assign the company to the group for the events that they do. Then when you want to know which company does what event, you just do a lookup for that group and voila! You can attach a record to multiple groups, so no big deal. 

Or you can have a multi-select drop down field with all the events and create dynamic groups for each event so when the company participates in that event, you just select the event from the drop down and it will automatically get added to the group (much easier to manage that way),

Example:

Contact Field: Event Participation

Field Type: Drop Down (allow multiple selections and allow users to edit entries)

Group Name: Race for the Cure

Group Criteria: "Event Participation"   "Contains"   "Race for the Cure"