Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best way to organize companies with multiple locations/contacts

Best way to organize companies with multiple locations/contacts

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am relativly new to ACT.  We had an old version, but when the update was done, none of the company names made it inot the company tab, but they show under the company heading...wierd,  Having said that. i want to fix this going forward.

We service multiple buildings (all under the same owners) and there may be many contacts within the head office and various buildings owned by the parent company.

Can anyone help me by suggesting the best way to manage this data.  I believe that i want to create a company and then divisions under that.  Can each division have it;s own address and serveral (up to 20 or more) contacts associated with it?

Any help would be appreciated, and if you know how to fix my company tab vs company column, that would help a lot too!!!

Thanks,

Richard

{Edited subject line]

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Best Wat to organize companies with multiple locations/contacts

You have the right idea with Companies and Divisions.  Divisions can have different addresses.  Then, link/associate the contact to the correct Company (Parent) or Division.

What version did you upgrade from ?

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Not really sure, it was a very old version is all i know.

The problem is that when the import was done, nothing ended in the companies "tab" but when i show all contacts, all the "company" infomation is there...

Nickel Super Contributor

It sounds like the data actually converted correctly.  Much older versions of ACT! didn't have Company records...just contacts.  You can create a company from the contact by going to CONTACTS (across the top drop down menu bar) > Create Company from Contact.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

oooohhh.... I'll play with that today.

Thanks !!

Rich