Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best way to delete remote user's database?

Copper Contributor

Best way to delete remote user's database?

What's the best way to either mass delete or completely delete contacts from a remote user's database on the next sync?  The last time I tried, I backed up the main database and then deleted all the contacts that didn't belong to the remote user, about 9000.  This caused the sync to fail.
Nickel Contributor

Re: Best way to delete remote user's database?

Two ways I can think of: 

- Change his sync set to exclude all records you no longer want the user to access (which can be all records except his own and the other users).

- Convert all the records in the central database you wish to exlude him from to "Limited Access", and then remove the user from the Access List. Again, you cannot forbid a user's access to the "user" list, but all other records can certainly be restricted.

Hope this helps.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

I haven't tried this, but I wonder if marking the user as Inactive would prevent them logging in after their next sync?

Either way, it would be cood to requesth the ability to "kill" a remote database.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Copper Contributor

i have successfully edited the sync set, and recreated the remote database with a different name, once it is opened on the user's computer I have successfully deleted the old remote database.

this has worked for me in a few cases.