Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best spot to Set up Credit card, exp date, Sec Code

Best spot to Set up Credit card, exp date, Sec Code

has anyone found a good way to set up credit card, exp date and Sec code??  do you use USER fields??

anyway to remind YOU ALARM you when EXP date is about to be old and ask for a new one??  peachtree really doesn't have spot so trying to work with ACT and make one  thank you
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Best spot to Set up Credit card, exp date, Sec Code

You can create your own fields... but you'll want to be really careful about keeping your system secure if keeping that kind of data

If you have multiple users, you should also consider the Premium version where you can secure fields so that only those who need it can see the data
Copper Contributor

Re: Best spot to Set up Credit card, exp date, Sec Code

I would look at what your credit card processing system offers as well. I am not an expert in this area, but I know that some (Sage Payments for one) offers a Secure vault.  What that allows you to do is to store the credit card information on the payments gateway securely and then obtain a GUID that references that.  So, someone would have to get the GUID as well as your Payments Gateway logon to do any damage.  This is great if you have staff.  It allows them to process the payments information without actually ever seeing the credit card details.
Your credit card processing system may actually offer similar features.

Of course, if you are doing manual credit card processing, you can create the fields, but I would not just look at ACT! Security (make sure you have strong password etc) but also at physical security of your computer.
Last disclaimer, I lived most of my life overseas, so I am not familiar with the USA laws around this.  Some countries and states have laws about what you are allowed to store and not store.

Hope this helps

Pierre