Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best Browser For APFW?

Copper Contributor

Best Browser For APFW?

There are so many inconsistencies across all the browsers and how operable they are in APFW.  Some menus don't show up in some, others don't refresh proprerly etc... 

Is there one of the web browsers that is most compatible with APFW? I've been using IE11 and still running into the following issues which I know have been reported but not yet fixed:

1. Selecting multiple items in a multi-select drop down box doesn't always populate the checkmark in the box although it has been selected - the text shows in the field, but checkbox is empty.

2. Tabbing from one field to another doesn't always work ie: address field like postal codes, enter it and then when I try to tab over, it gets stuck momentarily

3. Entering data in one field from a dropdown box can clear the text in another field.  Again, previously reported but such a royal pain in the a**

4. Bottom right-pane does not always refresh properly, forcing me to click away to another area of Act! and then come back for it to refresh properly

I mean the list goes on an on.  I'm really hoping all of these are fixed in v18.1 because it's really unusable until it is.  Until then, anyone notice one browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Edge) being more usable than any others?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Best Browser For APFW?

My preference has been Firefox or Chrome ... I'll have a test of those issues with my 18.1 later
Copper Contributor

Problem with chrome and Firefox is you lose some of the menu options like Outlook Integration and Syncing as well as some of the template options.

Actually, you don't now ... The office integration is handled by a separate installed application
Copper Contributor

Right but to sync from act to outlook don't you have to initiate that process from the tools pull down menu in APFW?

Right-click the app from the Windows Systray ... Or you can automate it on a schedule
Copper Contributor

Great! Didn't know that. Thanks.

There's a downloadable app for the Outlook integration and a separate one for Word ... Then they are browser independent
Copper Contributor

What does the Word app do?? I can't recall if I already installed it or not.