Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for database access via cloud...

bly

Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for database access via cloud...

I upgraded and purchased ACT! for the cloud at the end of December through my consultant. I contacted customer support as soon as I received the link and they upgraded(remotely) my version of ACT!  to v18 premium and uploaded my database to Wetransfer (they said the file was too large to send it directly to support). They said it should be available within 24-48 hours.  I was hoping to have it available in that time frame because I have a remote employee that needs access to the database to do their work. 

Since the end of December I have uploaded my database 3 times(today being the 3rd time) and have been promised it will be ready in 24-48 hours and nothing. I call nearly everyday to check on the status and I get a different reason why it wasn't uploaded to the cloud. The reasons include the link expired from WeTransfer (it expires in 7 days!!!) and they are having issues with the consultants portal(no idea what that means and received very little explanation) because she has too many accounts. As of today''s date I still do not have access to my database via the web.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why this is taking so long and what can be done to get this moving along? Or is there another way to share the information when working remotely? I have an employee who needs to access the information in this database.

Thank you in advance for your responses! 

Copper Contributor

Re: Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for database access via cloud...

I've uploaded mine several times as well and it ***never*** worked correctly. I have over 700 custom fields and my layout has several tabs to accommodate the fields. The database only has 2400 records. The Act!-hosted version would display the layout (fonts and labels corrupted) on the web page but the fields in the lower pane would never display the data in them, so I suspect the custom layout is shot. Also, the interface is SLOW, even though I have a pretty fast internet connection (2mb/s up, 20mb/s down). You cannot edit field names for yes/no fields or edit layout without it crashing. I finally just used the desktop version until they sort it out. 

bly

I also have a lot of custom fields and about the same number of contacts. The tabs on the lower tabs are very important and if it isn't going to display the information it won't be very useful. How disappointing. Hope they fix it soon. In the meantime, I better look at other options. 

I appreciate your reply. Thanks. 

Employee

Hi,

Have you contacted the technical support regarding the same?
bly

Yes, I have contacted technical support. They have backed up my database and uploaded it twice remotely. The first time it was uploaded to WeTransfer, the second time I uploaded it and confirmed they received it through WeTransfer, and the third time through google drive. 

They would try to upload through their sever/website,  but the web would end up crashing. They said the file was too large. 

Employee

Hi,

First of all let me apologize for the delay in getting you up and running. I will investigate at my end to understand what went wrong throughout our provisioning process.

I can confirm that our Ops team have the backup file you uploaded yesterday. We are currently in the process of moving this to our provisioning server - once moved we will then be able to have this hosted on your URL.

One of my team will be in touch once this is complete.

Thank you for bearing with us.

Regards

Mark

ME TOO Re: Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for database access via cloud...

I am on the phone with them now ---- I paid and was supposed to receive an email with instruction on how to access

Email I received within 42 hours of paying / upgrading ... is sorry we are having issues ....

I emailed them on the 12th for answers? Received email back - call Tech Service

So I am phone with them now trying to figure out - what the heck?!

IF they are having continued issues - they should issue an email stating this Re: Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for database access via cloud...

Well - on phone with tech and saying to update

just resending email to upload

Employee

Re: IF they are having continued issues - they should issue an email stating this Re: Been waiting nearly 3 weeks for database access via cloud...

Hi,

As Mark mentioned before i am sure we have received your database and our OPS team is working on it as we speak.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and we will ensure this can be done as early as possible.
bly

Woo Whoo! I am up and running. Thank you Mark , the staff in the UK and US Headquarters!!!