Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup fails with message:

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Backup fails with message:

Message:  The following error occured during backup.  The backup was cancelled.  A nonrecoverable I/O error occured on file <file name>  Backup database is terminating abnormally.  PRC_MAINT_BACKUPDB:  ERROR ECEXUTING DATABASE BACKUP STATMENT

1.  Running Preminum

2.  Locally

3.  Can back up other databases

4.  Have Removed all old data and reindexed.

Any ideas?  Thanks for the help in advance.  Preston Ehrler

J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpehrler
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Backup fails with message:

It does sound like a problem with the database. Are you able to restore an earlier copy of this database and make a backup from there?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpehrler
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

It does sound like a problem with the database. Are you able to restore an earlier copy of this database and make a backup from there?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

The db has exploded to 340MB because of the "History" writing by Swiftpage--I highly recommend users turn off that functionality.  I took and old DB and did restore it and it backed up.  All is good and I can sleep tonight...

Preston Ehrler

www.webvantix.com

preston@webvantix.com

J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com

340MB shouldn't be an issue - unless you have limited disk space. The standard and Premium EX versions can support a database of 4GB (unlimited with Premium ST)

Running out of diskspace can cause this.

Remember that the backup has the database and supplemental files... so you need that much free then about double that for temp files and more for ZIP if creating in same volume

Look in the supplemental files Backup folder and delete anything there - failed backups will leave the BAK files and then it tries to backup them again each time. This will rapidly cause the ZIp to become huge and take up you disk space.

Another possible cause can be fixed by UN-sharing the database and running a backup, then sharing again.

Copper Contributor

Have 168GB availabe on HD, so that should be more than plenty.  How do I view and delete what is in the supplemental files to delete what's there...thanks Mike.
J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com

My Backup was aborted with this message "Cannot insert Duplicate Key..."  and "Failed to Flush..."  any ideas? 

I forgot to list the required info:  i recently installed the newest version, ACTPRO2013UPL.  You mention the 2008 SQL - do i have that in 2013 edition? I use ACTPRO2013UPL on one computer and run a one person office.

I checked and i do have the 2008 SQL - i will try your solution, thanks, russ