Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup Zip files won't sync to Box

Highlighted

Backup Zip files won't sync to Box

Hello Act! Community -- this is my first post.  I'm using Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5.  I'm using Act Scheduler to make a backup every morning and saving it to a folder that syncs with Box.  It is not syncing with Box.  Box says they are fine with Zip files.  Attached is the error message I'm getting.  Box seems to be saying that there is something in the Act backups which is stopping Box from uploading them.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter in Sacramento CA

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Backup Zip files won't sync to Box

The zip file that ACT creates is not a standard zip file but one designed only to be read by ACT when restoring. It looks like Box is trying to verify the contents of the ACT zip file and not being able to read it correctly. No simple answer to resolve but I think this is what is happening.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

You can upload the backup files manually, I haven’t tried via the box drive application but have you checked your plan file size limit as if it's the free version you can only upload files smaller than 250MB

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

After a bit of testing with using Act! Scheduler when the service is using local system and the backup file that is created you don't have read permissions.
Capture1.JPG

You will need to change the logon to be your windows user for the log on as part of the service 

Capture2.JPG

And then it should work, again this was tested by manually uploading the files via box in a browser but when the service was running using local system I couldn't upload as I got an error.