Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup Questions

Backup Questions

Hi...I am a new user and have a few questions regarding backup.

I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 with Windows XP Professional.

My boss would like for his database to be backed up on a flash drive. I remotely connect to the database which is housed on another computer. My questions are:

What size flash drive would you suggest I purchase?

Would an external hard drive be a better choice?

Can I do the backup from my computer or do I need to do it from the computer that the database is housed on?

Is it possible for me to do the backup without requiring the other users to be logged off?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Backup Questions

What size flash drive would you suggest I purchase?  Would an external hard drive be a better choice?

Depends on the size of the datababase including attachments.  Create a backup and check the file size to determine which external media would best work for you.  

Can I do the backup from my computer or do I need to do it from the computer that the database is housed on?

You can backup from another computer but can soemtimes run into permission issues.  You can setup the Act! Scheduler on the server to autoamtically backup the database.

How to Use the ACT! Scheduler to Automatically Back Up Your Sage ACT! Database 

Is it possible for me to do the backup without requiring the other users to be logged off?

- Yes.  Users can still be logged into the database during the backup.  They may experience some slow down while the backup is in progress.