Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup Issues - Error processing a PAD file

Backup Issues - Error processing a PAD file

I'm having issues backing up my database!  I keep getting this error that says "Error accessing or processing a PAD file" and then they show me the path of my database and in the end of the path name is "RESTORE_PAD"...is this the PAD that is missing?

Can somebody help me with this?

PS  The version of ACT I'm using is ACT! Premium 2008

Nickel Contributor

Re: Backup Issues - Error processing a PAD file

Are you using the ACT application to backup the file you're logged into, or are you using ACT Scheduler to perform that function?

If it is the former, then you have access to the pad file because obviously you accessed it to open the database.

If it is the latter, then you could be running into an authentication issue or a network issue - but only the second of these would  produce that specific error message.

The "restore_pad" file you describe is arcane to me, unless you named your database such - which I would gently suggest is a needlessly confusing name choice.

I would also need to know if the file is located locally or on a network drive to suggest further possible resolutions.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

I am using the ACT application to backup, not scheduler (that's a separate issue I have to resolve later on).  No RESTORE_PAD is not the name of the database and the database is being run through the network.  I actually have 2 databases in ACT! because our company is split into two divisions.  However, one database does its backup with no problems, but the second database doesn't?
Nickel Contributor

Where are you backing up the database to? Is it a local destination or network?

Try creating a new folder on your hard drive, and ensure you have full permissions to it.

Open the database in question, and backup your database to a zipped file in that newly created local folder.

Please advise if you get the same error message.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

I've tried backing it up to my local drive and no luck?  I am trying to make the back up to the network...my other database does, but this one doesn't?
Nickel Contributor

There is a piece missing to this puzzle, and it's not clear to me what it is.

If you like, I can take a look at it remotely with our remote client utility available at www.keystroke.ca.

Call first, and you can download the software, initiate the connection, after which I can control the computer you're attempting to backup with.

You can find the phone number on the site, as well. My extension is 301.

Kq\

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

I have the .adf, .pad and database sub folders. How do you "import" or "reattach" the files and get them back in to ACT!?