Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup Error Message

Backup Error Message

When I go to backup my database in Act Premium 2012, version 14.1.108.0, I get the following error message:

The following error occured during backup. The backup was cancelled. Could not load file or assembly 'Xceed.Zip,Version=3.7.8113.16100, Culture=neutral, Publickey Token=ba83ff368b7563cb or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I looked through the support bulletins and did a Google search with key words from the error message, but have had no luck finding a solution. 

Can anyone help me?  Please note that I am a small business owner and not an IT person, so the simpler the solution, the better.

Thanks very much!
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Backup Error Message

Hello Simonleg,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You'll need to determine if this is an issue with your database or the installation of Sage ACT!.  Open the Demo database (or create a new database) and test backing it up.  Successful or not?

Some things to look for:

- How large are the files associated with your database?

- How much space do you have available on your C: drive?

Greg Martin
Sage

I created a new database with one record. When I went to back it up I got the same error message. That means it is an installation problem, correct?

Can you help me figure out what to do next?

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Super Contributor

Correct, that indicates that it is not database specific, but rather installation/environmental in nature.  Some things to try:

If this is a Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, use the Run as administrator option to launch Sage ACT!.  To do this:

- close Sage ACT!

- right click Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'

- attempt to backup database

If that is not successful, try uninstalling/reinstalling the Sage ACT! program.  You will uninstall through the Control Panel > 'Add or Remove Programs' or 'Programs and Features' (depending on OS).  Reboot and reinstall.  Open database > test creating backup.

Note: Always make sure you have the installation media before uninstalling.

Greg Martin
Sage