Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BACKUP ERROR BEFORE DEALDLINE 11-20-2011

BACKUP ERROR BEFORE DEALDLINE 11-20-2011

HELP!  I AM GETTING THE FOLLOWING ERROR WHEN ATTEMPTING TO BACKUP MY DATABASE PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE FINAL COPY OF 2012 PREMIUM.  THIS IS MY LIVE DATA.

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.  SUPPORT IS NOT OPEN ON THE WEEKEND.

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with uniqueindex 'si_xdes_id'. The duplicate key value is (564803). Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 2601. Check the errorlog for more information. BACKUP DATABASE IS TERMINATING ABNORMALLY.

Thank you.

Derek

Nickel Contributor

Re: BACKUP ERROR BEFORE DEALDLINE 11-20-2011

Have you tried this KB: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141/kw/duplicate%20key%20backup/session/L...
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

It appears to be working now....at least the backup.....I modified my date and time....the install was receiving an error in an attempt to "overwrite" the BETA version so as not to lose my working data daily....

Thank you for the response....

Derek Baltimore

Got this same error message & tried to apply fix as in 28141.  Bat file asked for database name???  I guessed the name without suffix & it failed.  Can anyone help. Currently, I can not back up my 1800 name Act file &, therefore, can't install update since I can not backup first.

HELP being held prisoner by ms SQL & ACT12

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. For your database name, open your database in ACT!, look in the upper left corner, and you will see the name after the product name (i.e., Sage ACT! Pro - [database name]). This is what you would type in when the batch file prompts.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.