Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Avaya TAPI

Avaya TAPI

I am trying to use the phone dialer feature. I have followed the instructions, however I do not get the option to make a phone call from the contacts menu. Our phone system is Avaya.

Any help will be great.

Erwing

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Avaya TAPI

Can you use the Windows dialer with your phone system? ACT! works through the Windows dialer so that needs to be working.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Have you made sure the Avaya TAPI driver is installed on the machine you are trying to dial from? This is normally a license that has to be purchased for the PABX.

Thank you guys for your response. I do not ude the window dialer. I must use the phone system that we use here in the office. I am using the TAPI on the same computer already with Outlook and it works fine. I do follow these isntructions and everything goes smooth, but I do not see the option when  I try to make a call (

To dial a telephone call 1-Select the contact to call.  2 From the Contacts menu, click Phone Contact. )

1. From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
  2. In the Preferences dialog box, click the Communication tab, and then click Dialer Preferences.
  3. To turn on the Dialer, select Use Dialer.
  1. Select your modem or telephone line from the Modem or line list, and then click Setup to configure the modem or telephone line.

For information about setup options, see your modem or telephony software documentation.

If your modem or telephone is not listed in the Modem or line list, make sure that the modem driver or telephone driver software was installed correctly. For information about installing a modem driver, see Windows online Help.

1. To select a location from the Location list, click Properties.
  2. (Optional) Click New to create a new location, or click Edit to change a location.
  1. (Optional) The Hide dialer after dialing option is selected by default. Clear this option if you want the Dialer to stay on your screen after dialing is complete.
  2. (Optional) The Start timer automatically on outgoing calls option is selected by default. Clear this option if you do not want the timer to start automatically.
  3. Click OK to close the Dialer Preferences dialog box.

If it's any help, I have set up several users with Avaya and itDial (TAPI) using the Avaya tapi provider

Hello Mike:

I am downloading now and I will let you know.

EH

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike, for 10 years we've had problems using ACT with TAPI (with different boxes, Avaya, BCM50 and one other).. NEVER had it working for our team.

I guess it's about the middleware and licences?

Who do you suggest I contact please? If we cannot install ourselves, do you know anyone that could do it for us?

Struggled with this for many years. About to buy new hardware and telephone system but the above is the most important bit which several phone companies have not been able to help so far ;(

Thanks

Mind your own Business: brickweb.co.uk

Also let me know:
* Is the TAPI driver installed on each PC or a LAN server
* What Windows OS
* Act! version
* How many users