Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatically confirm Linked field update

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Automatically confirm Linked field update

Running Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 4 

I have a few linked fields between contacts and companies that need to remain identical - so I would like to ensure anytime a field is changed on a company page, that the linked fields on the contact page always update immediately.

Ideally I would like to use field triggers to run the update linked fields option whenever specific fields change.

(I haven't found a way to do this directly in act, but can use an AutoHotKey executable, and get that to trigger the update linked fields)

But if it is asking for confirmation every time you change a field, I can see my users becoming frustrated with this. So I was wondering if there is a way to disable the Confirmation box that appears when you try to "update linked fields for current company".

The box that says;

Would you like to update contacts linked to this company?

<View Linked Fields> <Yes> <No>

Anyone have any idea if thats possible? or will I need to find a way to get AutoHotKey to deal with that popup message box as well?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonT
‎02-15-2017 04:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Automatically confirm Linked field update

Hi Jason,

There isn't a preference to disable this confirmation dialog. It serves as a safeguard to avoid accidental overwriting of data on contacts that, while linked to the company, should have data that is different to the company data.

You could request that a preference to not show this dialog, and always update the fields be added, by posting an idea on our Share Your Ideas board.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonT
‎02-15-2017 04:11 AM
Administrator

Hi Jason,

There isn't a preference to disable this confirmation dialog. It serves as a safeguard to avoid accidental overwriting of data on contacts that, while linked to the company, should have data that is different to the company data.

You could request that a preference to not show this dialog, and always update the fields be added, by posting an idea on our Share Your Ideas board.

Tuned Listener

Thanks for letting me know. At least now I can focus on making a workaround in AHK.