Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Calendar Meetings (when its disabled)

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Automatic Calendar Meetings (when its disabled)

I have around 10 users testing the Act system at the moment. They are setup for Outlook integration (2003, SP3), however the automatic options are turned off. We only want to add emails to Act manually, by using the quick attach option. Calendar synch is turned off.

However if I send an Outlook meeting request to a user through Outlook as normal, if they are in Act it adds it to their activities and it pops up in their Act as a reminder. I can see the various meetings I have booked today in my activities in Act. This seems to be happening for other users as well.

Can we turn this off? I don't really want to track internal meetings through Act, that's what Outlook & Exchange is for.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robin TR
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Automatic Calendar Meetings (when its disabled)

Hello Robin,

You can turn off this function in your e-mail preferences in ACT!. Each user will need to do this on their machine>

- Go to Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync tab > Email System Set-Up

- On Screen 7 of the wizard (Email  - Activity Invitation), change the value of the second dropdown to "None"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robin TR
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Robin,

You can turn off this function in your e-mail preferences in ACT!. Each user will need to do this on their machine>

- Go to Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync tab > Email System Set-Up

- On Screen 7 of the wizard (Email  - Activity Invitation), change the value of the second dropdown to "None"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

great thanks.