Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Calendar Entry...

Automatic Calendar Entry...

I'm trying to find out if there is a 3rd party add on that can detect when you enter an appointment in a contact and have it add the appointment automatically to the calendar as a to do task. Links, or how to's thanks.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Automatic Calendar Entry...

Forgive me but I don't understand your question. If you create an activity for the appointment that would be listed on your calendar.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Basically if I create a field inside a layout for a date; how can I make Act! detect certain "date" fields and mark this date in the calendar automatically. In other words right now it is two steps; 1st you input a date in a field, and then you add it in the calendar as a meeting or a task. It would be nice to make it just one step. Thanks.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Why bother with the separate date field? The activity will give you the necessary information on the activities tab for the contact and in the task list and calendar. What you are suggesting would require an add-on and I don't know of such and add-on at this time.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Well the date field is partly due to helping generate reports that can be very specific; unless I'm looking at it the wrong way. A scenario is if I schedule an appointment with a client and then schedule a follow up, I'd like to know which clients did or did not have a follow up; along with some having several appointments in succession. Basically it's an interpreting company that needs to keep track of client's appointments, they need to be aware of when a client misses an appointment.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Creating an actual report that included only the information that you wanted would require more specific information regarding what you need. However, for an activity that you have created, if the contact misses the appointment and you clear the activity noting the fact that the appointment was missed and you then create a followup activity, the fact that the appointment was missed would show in the history for the contact. However, if you simply reschedule the activity, the information about the missed appointment would be lost.

I still think that the activities will do what you need without the additional date field. It may require that you change a few procedures but the pay off would be less to maintain.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Then in light of this; is it possible when scheduling an appointment; is it possible for everyone to see the activities of a client? or just the person that schedules it? If this is possible then it would make things easier.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Unless the activity is made private, all users would be able to see the scheduled activity. The actual activities that you see depends on your filter settings including users.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Great thanks.