08-21-2012 03:39 AM
Our company sell support services to some but not all or our customers I want to know if act can automatically fields based on specific critria, for example, update a contact field based on a change to a custom field changed on the associated company.
Here is the process:-
* I get a sales lead and enter a new contact
* Only when they place an order do I enter a new company and then add the contact to the company
* If they buy extended support then I will enter Active from a drop down list in the Support Status field (that I have added myself)
* In a second custom field Support Renewal Date it will show what date the support expires.
I regulary send emails only to contacts from companies who have ACTIVE support so I need act to do the following
1) When I change the support status field in the company to active I want it to automatically update a second filed on the contacts table to show the active status for all the listed contact for that company
2) When the renewal date has expired I want it to change the Support Status field from ACTIVE to LAPSED.
I have used Filemaker Pro for many years and it is very simple to set this type of thing up in FMP but Act seems more constrained.
I hope you can advise
08-21-2012 01:47 PM
08-22-2012 01:01 PM
What about "educating" the users, and modifyin the contact layout so that it looks as if the field cannot be modified. Say making the background grey and the text a slightly different shade of grey?
03-06-2013 02:33 PM
We are experiencing similar problem and we are using the new version. HELP!!!
the cursor keeps jumping to another field when we are doing data entry - doesn't matter how long ACT's been open or reminders.