Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Autodialing with ACT

Highlighted

Re: Autodialing with ACT

I think it was 8.0 as I found a User's Guide in my desk.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted

They have no clue, and I went through over 100 cds and nothing said ACT, said auto dial, said tapi, anything at all that made me think it might have something to do with it.  I'm at a total loss.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

If they still want the function, the only options seems to be purchasing something new...

Maybe download a trial of itTAPI and see if it does what they need?

Highlighted

Well, I think we just realized our pc's might not be at the minimum requirements for 10.0 which might be one of our problems causing some of our issues and unhappiness with ACT.  I'm not sure if the owner will want to upgrade the machines (we just bought more RAM) but thanks to Royel I just discovered our hard drive speed is under par as well.  He may just decide to jump ship from ACT to a web based competitor.  Decisions, decisions....
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Dave,

You had said: How does the phone interact with the computer when they're not connected?

If you use a hosted business VoIP system which most VoIP carriers are gravitating towards nowdays, your phone is simply a networked TCP/IP device that communicates with the server using SIP.  An ACT! addon like Call On CRM, can connect to the same server and send dial commands, get caller id notifications, etc from the server...

This is where a SIP based solution is far superior to a TAPI based product.  TAPI was written in the early 90s to provide a dialer for your modem.  Most of us don't use modems anymore because we all have high speed connections, and a TAPI solution is very limited in an office environment. (no call transferring, etc)

SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) runs on top of TCP/IP and allows more services to be piggybacked on your phone connection.  Now you can have a toolbar in ACT! that is connected to the same server as your phone system, which will allow you to set Do Not Disturb, transfer calls to your Voicemail, dial your voicemail system, and even get voicemails delivered to your outlook inbox in digital form to attach to contact's recrods as histories.

In addition when your office is connected to a hosted business VoIP server, you can interact with other users in the office via chat, as well as be able to see thier presence (available, on a call, busy, away) Call On CRM has tapped into all of this functionality to provide a complete solution which blows away the features provided by a TAPI based product.

Gavin Stevens – CTO - MCPS, MCSD, MCAD, MCNPS, MCTS
gavin@calloncrm.com
CRM Integration Systems, LLC.
(480) 385-2512 office (888) 90-CRMIS toll free
Do you Call On CRM!?
http://www.CallOnCRM.com
"Seamless integration of ACT! by Sage with BroadSoft "hosted PBX" VoIP platform & Skype!"