Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Autodialing with ACT

Autodialing with ACT

We are using ACT 10.0.  The owner says that at one point he was able to auto-dial through ACT with the phone system.  He said he paid like $5k for the software or whatever to be able to do this with the phones (Nortell Networks brand).  Apparently it worked for a little while then stopped.  They have also moved offices since it originally worked.  Any idea where I start to look to see if this program is installed or how I troubleshoot getting it back up and running?

Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Autodialing with ACT

Depends on what program was used.

I use and recommend itTAPI to do dialing from ACT! - you can download it from the link and trial it.
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

GLComputing wrote:
Depends on what program was used.
I use and recommend itTAPI to do dialing from ACT! - you can download it from the link and trial it.

I posted a similar question as this a few months ago and was given the same information. Once you go to the website, there's a link to a PDF about the product. In that document is another link, http://www.act-add-on.de/furthermanufacturer-en.htm , to see a list of supported devices. That link doesn't work.

Like Imnosupermom, I also have a Nortel based phone system. However, I can't tell if it's compatible with the itTAPI add on.

Added: Imnosupermom, when I posted last time, I was also given information for this add on, Call on Act!. From the information, it integrates with a VoIP phone solution, so probably not compatible with what you're currently using. Our organization is currently evaluating possible VoIP phone solutions, so it was nice to see this add on as an option.

Message Edited by DaveHenzel on 04-09-2008 02:29 PM

The owner knows he has the software and capabilities to do it, but there has been staff turnover and he doesn't know what program we have or why it stopped working.  He just knows he would use ACT more (and not be tempted to switch programs) if this feature worked.  He is not interested in buying another software/program when he knows he already has paid for one.

[ Edited ]

DaveHenzel wrote:

I posted a similar question as this a few months ago and was given the same information. Once you go to the website, there's a link to a PDF about the product. In that document is another link, http://www.act-add-on.de/furthermanufacturer-en.htm , to see a list of supported devices. That link doesn't work.

Like Imnosupermom, I also have a Nortel based phone system. However, I can't tell if it's compatible with the itTAPI add on.

Added: Imnosupermom, when I posted last time, I was also given information for this add on, Call on Act!. From the information, it integrates with a VoIP phone solution, so probably not compatible with what you're currently using. Our organization is currently evaluating possible VoIP phone solutions, so it was nice to see this add on as an option.

Message Edited by DaveHenzel on 04-09-2008 02:29 PM

We've seen quite a few users of itTAPI with Nortel... it will work with any system that puts a TAPI driver on the computer.... it can also link to some VOIP systems including Skype

You can always download it and test with the trial

Message Edited by GLComputing on 04-10-2008 07:50 AM

imnosupermom wrote:
The owner knows he has the software and capabilities to do it, but there has been staff turnover and he doesn't know what program we have or why it stopped working.  He just knows he would use ACT more (and not be tempted to switch programs) if this feature worked.  He is not interested in buying another software/program when he knows he already has paid for one.

Without knowing which package, it's not really easy to suggest how to find it
Copper Super Contributor

GLComputing wrote:

We've seen quite a few users of itTAPI with Nortel... it will work with any system that puts a TAPI driver on the computer.... it can also link to some VOIP systems including Skype
You can always download it and test with the trial

Message Edited by GLComputing on 04-10-2008 07:50 AM

Mike,

How does the phone interact with the computer when they're not connected? It seems like there needs to be something more than just a TAPI driver. Would the phone need to connect through a modem on the computer? I can download the trial, but I'm just not sure how it would work.

DaveHenzel wrote:

How does the phone interact with the computer when they're not connected? It seems like there needs to be something more than just a TAPI driver. Would the phone need to connect through a modem on the computer? I can download the trial, but I'm just not sure how it would work.

Nortel has 1st and 3rd party tapi drivers available.
1st party has a TAPI driver on the PC that connects to the PABX - itTAPI can use this
3rd party connects via a server - itTAPI cannot do this
You would need to speak to Nortel or their reseller about how their local PC tapi driver connects to the PABX

I found out from the owner that the auto dialer function has not worked since we upgraded to 10.0.  I'm not sure if it stopped working prior to that or not.  Is it safe to assume whatever software was installed was lost with the upgrade?  I have a huge drawer full of a couple hundred disks... is there anything in particuliar I should be looking for?  Would the software we had prior even be compatible with 10.0?

imnosupermom wrote:
I found out from the owner that the auto dialer function has not worked since we upgraded to 10.0.  I'm not sure if it stopped working prior to that or not.  Is it safe to assume whatever software was installed was lost with the upgrade?  I have a huge drawer full of a couple hundred disks... is there anything in particuliar I should be looking for?  Would the software we had prior even be compatible with 10.0?

Depends... what version did you upgrade from?

If deom 7.0 or 8.0, it might work or might not... depending on the product.
If you upgraded from ACT! 6.0 or earlier, there is no chance any add-on would still work