Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto-attach Email in Act! 20

Bronze Elite Contributor

Auto-attach Email in Act! 20

One of the features that customers were advised for Act! 20.1 was the ability to auto-attach Outlook inbound email against Act! history. With the release of 20.1 and with the latest update applied, currently update 5, that feature is still absent.

For customers wanting to use this feature and having purchased or have rights to version 20, when is it intended that this feature be made available for version 20?    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Administrator

Re: Auto-attach Email in Act! 20

Hi Graeme,

During the initial development and planning stages of the new 20.1 integration, we had hoped to be able to implement this feature. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to build this in, and we never advertised this feature to our customers.

We know that this is a highly desirable feature for many users, and it's definitely something we're constantly reviewing ways to bring into Act.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks for the 'update' and 'clarification' Jon.

BUT WHEN? That is the question...

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

As far as I'm aware it's not on the immediate roadmap for v20, so not something we actively have in the works.

Again, it's an often requested feature so I know our devs are looking at ways to implement it, but I don't have any information on when we might see it.

Currently, there are addons that offer this functionality if it's required.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Jon,

I have a copy of a Swiftpage letter/email addressed to customers dated December 2017 that advises these features:

Redesigned to work as embedded functionality of the Act! Premium Contact Link plugin for use with Outlook®
• No service installation required (removal of History queue)
• Works on all Microsoft® Office platforms – Office 365, Office 2013/2016, Exchange, OWA
• Install once and use across all Outlook® clients and apps
Auto-attach inbound Outlook® emails to Act!

and it further says:  " and commit to deliver the entire new solution suite in Act! v20.1 in late Q1 2018.". 

Are you saying this letter was not sent to customers? 

Graeme Leo

Administrator

Apologies for the confusion here.

This letter was communicated to active subscribers; acknowledging the Outlook integration issues faced at that time, and sharing our planned solution.

Let me provide confirmation on the two separate feature areas touched on here:

The Act! Premium Contact Link

As the letter states, the reintroduction of the auto-attach functionality was planned to form part of a wider series of improvements to the Act! Premium Contact Link. Late in development however, we established it was not technically feasible to add this feature, as a key component required for it had recently been deprecated. We are keeping track of future improvements to Office/Exchange in the hope that this will one day be supported.

I completely agree that an updated customer communication should have been sent explaining these changes, and I have shared this feedback with the relevant teams.

Act!'s built-in Outlook Integration functionality

We have reserved time in our Act! v21 schedule to actively research re-implementing the auto-attach functionality. We are hopeful that the new integration technology implemented in v20.1 can provide a solution here, and we can certainly keep customers and partners updated as development continues.

Many thanks,

Stuart

Bronze Elite Contributor

Stuart,

When can the active subscribers you refer to expect a communication, that you agree should have been sent, explaining that the promised ability to auto-attach is not available. The original notice assuring customers that auto-attach would be included in version 20 was sent December 2017, it is now June 2018.   

Graeme Leo