Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto Save Setting?

Copper Contributor

Auto Save Setting?

Forevermore it has been the case that if I do not click save shortly after changing a data entry, Act! will not change some of the data. I'm currently using Act! Premium Version 21.1.187.0, Update 3 English (United States), but it has been the case for all previous editions of Act! since at least 2005.

Is there an auto-save setting I've overlooked? 

Many thanks!

Ed

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Auto Save Setting?

Hello,

In my experience Act! saves the data once you click into a different input box.  Staying with the cursor in same box never triggers the save.

-Carl

Act! Support
Growth made easy.
CRM & Marketing Automation built for small business success.

Copper Contributor

Re: Auto Save Setting?

What happens to me is when I enter data in maybe 15 fields of an existing record, and do not save the record by leaving the record to force a save, when I go to export the data, the 15 fields do not update and the exported record has the old data in it. When I return to look at the Act! record, the fields also have the old data rather than the freshly input data. I'm doing all of this on a machine with 32gb RAM and an 8-core Xeon processor. It's not a horsepower thing, it's an Act! doesn't utilize the resources available to it thing (maybe the 32- vs 64-bit software thing?)

I export Act! data from a record to a tab-delimited text file that is used as a data source for a Word mail-merge document. If the data is incorrect when exported, it will be incorrect when used as a data source for Word and the resulting document is garbage.

So the way I use Act! dictates the necessity of an Auto Save feature.

Any other ideas?