Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Australian Quick books addon for ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Australian Quick books addon for ACT!

I have been waiting for a quickbooks addon for ACT that actually works for what now seems an eternity. Does any aussie user have any info. Is there one or is there likely to ever be one?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Australian Quick books addon for ACT!

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Copper Contributor

Well, I downloaded the trial and it bloody works and works well. There was some mucking around setting up some extra fields which the instructions neglect to mention but not a big problem considering.

Overall, it works, doesn't conflict with other addons and I am truly amazed. It is early days but so far so good.

And thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Any QB's users out there - go for it.

Bronze Super Contributor

Glad you found it useful.

Which extra fields did you need? I'm sure that if you list that here the developer will update the documentation for it.

Ben.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Matthew,

The product is developed by Xact Software in New Zealand. There are two versions currently, one for Australia/NZ, we also have a version for USA.  

There are mandatory fields need creating at install and this is outlined in the setup wizard, which you can run at any time. Did you see the setup wizard when you ran ACT! for the first time after installing the link? The documentation , included in the download file, mentions the fields that need to be created.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Yes, I did see the instructions but the wizard would not setup the fields. It simply asked for the field and eventhough I created the field through the wizard the option to select the field did not come up. It is best, I feel, to manually create the fields and then run through the wizard which is what I did to get it to work right.

Having said that it was also possible to sort it out eventhough the wizard didn't go through all of what it should have. I will try and do a server install and see how it goes.

Matthew

Bronze Elite Contributor

Maybe, for whatever reason, a second instance of the wizard started, hence your not seeing the newly defined field in the dropdown field window. However if you closed the second instance you would see the first instance and then just proceed through the wizard sequence.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

I have played around witht he Quick books addon and my advice to people is "go for it".

It works well, is reasonably priced and gives you the info you need.

I haven't had any bugs or noticed any errors as yet.

In summary, anyone who needs a Quickbooks addon in Australia - this is the one to get - and the only one avaialble!