Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Audit Private records

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Audit Private records

I remember back with ACT 6 (Yes that long ago!) you could run a report that showed the number the Private records along with other data each user had. It did not show the detail but did give a record count.

Now as administrators can't see these records you cannot even search for them under lookup Access Level = Private to get a record count.

I am sure I have found a way of reporting this before in the SQL version without having to do an SQL studio query but not able to find what I did.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎11-21-2016 02:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Audit Private records

Hi ch1p,

I am not aware of any other way to get this information outside of an SQL script of some form.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎11-21-2016 02:11 AM
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

I am not aware of any other way to get this information outside of an SQL script of some form.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe the report you're referring to was one of the ACTdiag reports for ACT! 6. The actual information was stored in the BLB file and was a simple binary issue. ACT! 7 and later has a much more complex set of access rights. I believe an SQL query could be created to extract that information. I can see a very useful security audit report that might be created with Durkin Impact reports. I'll be giving it a try and let you know if I'm successful.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129