Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attachments missing on the documents tab

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attachments missing on the documents tab

ACT! 2009 Prem - Remote database synchronizing attachments - the attachments get synchronized and are in the attachment folder but appears the link to the attachment is not working.  I have tried repairing in ACTDIAG with no luck.  Has anyone had this issue.  Help
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author khughes
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Attachments missing on the documents tab

I recut the remote and the documents appeard.
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

What happens when we click on the document and attempt to open them? Do we get an error, does eventlog report any event?
Copper Contributor

The file name is missing in the document tab, and it shows a file size of 0.  When you click on the space where it should be it does give an error message that the file is missing or been deleted but it is in the attachment folder.  Not sure of messages in eventlog.
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant
Nickel Contributor

Are there more than one remotes with this issue? If so, and probably even if not I'd cut a new remote and see if it has the same issue.
Solution
Accepted by topic author khughes
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I recut the remote and the documents appeard.
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant
Copper Super Contributor

I've seen this occur when Remote Database users had their RDB's created without the option to Sync supplimental files.  I wish the ACT Help file had more detail about what it considered Supplimental files.  Through trial and error I had to test all the options out before I new exactly what to expect.  Any RDB user that attaches documents must have the Supplimental file option checked. Additionally, RDBs must be allowed to synchronize attachments. 

Without these enabled, document links are placed in a contact with 0KB files since the original document either wasn't sent from the RDB to the server or from the server to the RDB.  Recreating/Redeploying the RDB file overcomes the latter issue, but only for existing documents.  The same scenario may happen again with later attachments if the RDB settings have not been changed.  My two cents!